Sunday, January 10, 2010

I can....fax!

My Dad decided this year to learn how to use a computer. He doesn't necessarily get how to use technology (especially if it goes beyond the power on and power off cateogry). It's so bad that he had to write down the steps from changing the tv from dvd to tv (and then the steps to playing a dvd in a 5 player system). Knowing his history with technology I was happy when he decided to learn how to use a computer from someone outside the family. Here is a conversation from day 1 of learning how to use the computer.

Me: Dad, did you learn a lot today?
Dad: (who is very excited) Yes, I learned how to ...
Me: Turn a computer on and off?
Dad: Yes, that and I also learned how to.... ( he can't think of the word)
Me: Learned how to... type?
Dad: Yes, but i'm not fast like you.
Me: See, Dad, that's what University taught me **not, that's what msn taught me**
Dad: I can learn, I just need to practice. I know what I learned. I learned how to get the fax out of the computer.
Me: LOL, Dad, you don't get faxes out of a computer. You mean you learned how to print something.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Deeps. I just love your Dad. It toally makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That's so cute. That's something my mom would say. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, he's hilarious when it comes to technology. I'm going to post another one soon!

    ReplyDelete