Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make a Sign

Real conversation with my Dad the other night:

Dad: Mikki, can you make a sign for me


**I get a pen and paper and assume it's going to be something for his business (really, I did)**


Me: Ok, what do you want me to write


Dad: (in a completely serious voice in English) Clean room or don't sleep here


Me: What, you want me to write what?


Dad: Clean ... clean THE room or don't sleep here


**I am trying to keep a straight face and am writing**


Dad: Put it on your brothers door. On the outside. It's like a pig room.


Me: Um,I think you mean pig sty. Dad why don't you just tell him to clean his room? Isn't that more effective?


Dad: I already told him. He has to listen to the sign because it to get out if you don't clean your room


....and two seconds later...

Dad: Your brother works so hard...he's going to school AND he's working....school comes first I keep telling him that...

Me: Maybe he's studying too much and doesn't have time to clean his room (Secretly rolling my eyes)


Dad: No, make the sign. Make sure you write what I said. Tape it to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment